Friday, July 19, 2024

"My heart is a canvas, once pure and bright


 "My heart is a canvas, once pure and bright

But now it's worn and weathered, like a stormy night
It's tainted by the stains of my darkest past
Guilty secrets and regrets that will forever last

A burdened soul, crippled by pride and fame
I wore a mask of confidence, but it was just a game
I won some battles, but lost myself in the fray
And now my heart is a battleground, where emotions rage and sway

I've trampled on love, and crushed it with my feet
I've let my ego consume me, and my heart beat slow to defeat
I've sabotaged relationships, and torn them apart
And left only shards of glass, in the depths of my heart

But still I hope for redemption, for a chance to mend
To learn to love again, to be a friend to my own end
To find solace in forgiveness, and let go of the pain
To rise above the ashes, like a phoenix from the flames"

No comments: