Wednesday, July 10, 2024

"In the mirror's gaze, I see a face so worn


 "In the mirror's gaze, I see a face so worn

A reflection of a heart that's lost its form
Ego's heavy chains, they weigh me down
A burden that I've carried, to this broken town

I chased my dreams, but forgot to tend
The love that nourished me, until it did descend
Into the shadows, where darkness took its seat
And with each passing day, my heart did retreat

The house we built, now stands as empty space
A monument to love that lost its gentle pace
The marriage vows, that once echoed with promise and delight
Now whisper only sorrow, in the dead of night

But still I wander, through the ruins of my past
Seeking the fragments of love that will forever last
For in the rubble, I know I'll find a spark
A glimmer of redemption, to rekindle my heart"

No comments: