Friday, July 12, 2024

"In the depths of my soul, a mirror stares


 "In the depths of my soul, a mirror stares

Reflecting all the mistakes, the scars, and the snares
I made you suffer, I caused you pain
And in return, I reaped the same in vain

My stupidity, a plague that I can't define
A virus that infects, and makes me lose my shine
I thought I was right, but was I blind?
I won the arguments, but lost our heart and mind

You tried to cope with me, to be my guide
But I was too dense, too proud to hide
My flaws and fears, my insecurities reign
And in the end, I'm left with only shame and pain

I'm an idiot in all aspects, it's true
In every pore, in every thought, in everything I do
I'm a failure, a loser, a clown
But mostly, I'm just a broken heart, lying on the ground

But in your eyes, I see a glimmer of light
A chance for redemption, a chance to make it right
To learn from my mistakes, to grow from my pain
To be worthy of your love, to love you again"

No comments: