Friday, July 12, 2024

"In silence, I listen to your pain


 "In silence, I listen to your pain

As words cut deep, like a heart in vain
You think I'm the poison, that's draining your light
The one who brings darkness, to your endless night

But little do you know, I'm just as lost
A soul adrift, on a sea of frost
I too am searching, for a guiding star
A beacon to lead me, from this place so far

But I'm trapped in this prison, of your despair
A cell that's dark, with no key to repair
I try to escape, but it's hard to break free
From the chains of doubt, that bind me to thee

I wish I had the strength, to take a stand
To shatter these chains, and hold your hand
To be the sunshine, that brightens your day
To be the shelter, where you can find your way

But alas, I'm frozen still, like a statue gray
A prisoner of fear, in this endless gray
I long to be free, to be me once more
To rise above this darkness, and soar"

No comments: