Friday, July 12, 2024

"I left you behind, like a broken thing


 "I left you behind, like a broken thing

A shattered dream, a heart that's lost its wing
I couldn't bear the weight of our entwined fate
I needed space, I needed escape, I needed to create

My freedom was more important than your heart's desire
I craved the thrill of adventure, the rush of fire
I wanted to be free, to dance in the open air
To chase my dreams, to leave my doubts and fears bare

You were a burden to me, a weight that I couldn't bear
A constant reminder of the love we'd shared
But little did I know, as I walked away
That you were the anchor that held me fast, come what may

Now I'm left with emptiness, with only memories to cling
To the laughter we shared, to the tears we'd bring
I'm haunted by the ghosts of what could've been
If only I had stayed, if only I had been kinder then

But it's too late now, the damage is done
I've left you in despair, with only memories to atone
I'll wander alone, through the darkness and the night
Searching for solace, for a love that's lost its light"

No comments: